Download this opportunity as a pdf
BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic and willing-to-learn individual to join our industrial sewing manufacturing team. This position will also perform various operations throughout the shop to help BRD build the best solutions in our industry. This position is full time with the opportunity for overtime during our busiest cycles.
Who we are
Established in 1975 and continuously family owned and operated, BRD now produces a comprehensive selection of innovative products and solutions to mitigate noise and vibration issues that result from large commercial and industrial equipment. Our HUSHCORE products are often basis of design and specified on new construction and other remedial needs around the country.
Who we are seeking
We are looking for dependable and motivated individuals to join our manufacturing team at our Wind Gap, PA location. Our culture focuses on teamwork, individual accountability, relentless pursuit of knowledge, drive, and innovation. We are seeking individuals who can work independently yet enjoy being part of a team. This position is critical to the production process. Previous experience with industrial stitching is preferred; however, we will teach the right candidate.
As an Industrial Stitcher you will ensure fabrication of parts are assembled and stitched correctly and corresponds with the engineering print.
This position will be responsible to:
- Set up and operate commercial stitching machines to stich and assemble fiberglass and various materials
- Operate semi-automatic grommet machine
- Cut master rolls to required length as designated by the order.
- Adjust commercial machines as needed, thread bobbins, and inspect stitching to adjust settings to correct defects.
- Produce high quality products with minimum amount of re-work which is neatly and securely in preparation for shipping.
- Assemble and bond materials together by spraying and rolling glue, taping or by other means necessary per order requirements.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping. Emptying trash bins into dumpsters as required throughout the day.
- Keep accurate records via ERP system. Scanning into job operations when starting and scanning out of job operations when complete.
- Incorporate BRD’s Core Values of Innovation, Drive, Relentless Pursuit of Knowledge, Take Charge/Show Initiative, and be a Team Player into their daily work.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or trade school equivalent.
- Previous experience with industrial stitching equipment or other similar equipment.
- Fluent English reading/writing skills preferred.
- Basic math skills and ability to interpret prints with instructions.
- Available to work standard manufacturing hours and willing to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to focus and have attention to detail.
- Operate and maintain industrial stitching equipment and other manufacturing machinery.
- Must have the ability, or willingness to learn, to read CAD drawings.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Must be able to sit, stand and move for a minimum of 8 hours per day or longer in overtime situations, as required.
- Able to load master rolls of material weighing 100-150 lbs. with co-worker assistance off the shelf and on and off a material cart or roll out table.
- Lift materials and place into shipping cartons.
- Work in team environment.
- Communicate verbally and work with various departments, employees and their supervisors.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Excellent attendance.
- Manual dexterity to thread machines.
- Utilize a computer and industrial stitching machine.
Starting hourly pay up to $18/hr. based on previous experience or education.
BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. offers a 401k profit sharing retirement savings plan with company match after 1 year of employment. The company also offers paid vacation and personal time off after 90 days of employment.
BRD is committed to the health and safety of all personnel. To keep our personnel safe, all employees are required to wear masks if not fully vaccinated, social distance, wipe down surfaces, and perform daily temperature checks at the start of their shift.
BRD Noise and Vibration Control. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We create better spaces to live, learn, work and play through the reduction of intrusive noise pollution. Together we work hard to bridge the gap between acoustic theory and application to solve our customers’ noise problems.
We provide “Just Right Acoustics” by moving “From Problem Definition to Problem Solved”.