BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. is widely recognized for providing customers with engineered solutions to acoustic challenges caused by commercial HVAC and other industrial equipment. Our Company is well managed, well respected and our biggest challenge is finding more talented professionals to help us serve our growing base of customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Design and Drafting Engineer to join our Field Engineering Team. This is a great role for individual that has the technical vision to translate commercial equipment into product solutions, enjoys travel, and likes to work independently in AUTODESK products like Inventor and AutoCAD software. Success in this role could lead to greater responsibility and recognition within the Engineering Team or to an opportunity for advancement in other company departments. We have a proven track record of promoting from-with-in.
The Field Engineering Team supports the development of customer solutions through site visits, equipment rendering, solution drafting, product drawing and preparing engineered solutions related to our projects. The Design and Drafting Engineer has the responsibility to conduct field/on-site measurements and assessments and complete related project drawings such that drawings can be used to design, order/manufacture, and install completed solutions.
The Design and Drafting Engineer is a working position in which the individual will be planning and executing tasks. The engineer also supports our sales teams with submittal drawings and project designs. Extensive travel around the United States may be required.
Design and Drafting Engineer:
- Complete field measurements, site evaluations, and project support drawings and engineering design work as requested by Project Management team.
- Prepare final drawings of all project requirements resulting from the site visit measurements as well as complete additional related supporting documentation and drawings needed for any required customer approvals.
- Assist the production team and purchasing team with drawings to ensure proper products are manufactured.
- Prepare proper documentation and support drawings to ensure proper installation of solutions.
- Assist Project Management Team and Regional Managers with support drawings and solution design during the quoting and submittal processes.
- Assist and participate in installation process of solutions if requested by Project Management team.
- Manage and properly document all drawings completed.
The Right Person
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or similar technical school degree/certification in Drafting & Design Technology preferred; or related 2 or 4 year degree in related majors (Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, STEM fields).
- 1 – 2 years previous experience with AUTODESK products including but not limited to: Inventor, AUTOCAD.
- Ability to physically complete field measurements and maintain compliance with site safety and performance requirements.
- MS Office proficient.
- Experience with 3D scanning and design is a plus.
- An ability to read technical drawings and visualize product design related to equipment design is critical.
- A collaborative and flexible professional attitude.
- Up to 50% domestic US travel required.
BRD Noise and Vibration Control. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
We create better spaces to live, learn, work and play through the reduction of intrusive noise pollution. Together we work hard to bridge the gap between acoustic theory and application to solve our customers’ noise problems.
We provide “Just Right Acoustics” by moving “From Problem Definition to Problem Solved”.