Download this opportunity as a pdf
BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic and willing-to-learn CNC/Cutting table operator to join our manufacturing team. This position will also perform various operations throughout the shop to help BRD build the best solutions in our industry. This position is full time with the opportunity for overtime during our busiest cycles.
Who we are
Established in 1975 and continuously family owned and operated, BRD now produces a comprehensive selection of innovative products and solutions to mitigate noise and vibration issues that result from large commercial and industrial equipment. Our HUSHCORE products are often basis of design and specified on new construction and other remedial needs around the country.
This position will be responsible for:
- Set up and operate static cutting table to cut fiberglass and various materials as per engineering specifications
- Operate semi-automatic grommet machine.
- Cut master rolls to required length. Produce high quality parts with minimum amount of re-work in preparation for the next manufacturing operation.
- Assemble and bond materials together by spraying and rolling glue, taping or by other means necessary per order requirements.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment including performing daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance.
- Assist with other production related tasks in product manufacturing assigned by supervisor.
- Incorporate BRD’s Core Values of Innovation, Drive, Relentless Pursuit of Knowledge, Take Charge/Show Initiative, and be a Team Player into their daily activities
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping. Emptying trash bins into dumpsters as required throughout the day.
- Keep accurate records via ERP system. Scanning into job operations when starting and scanning out of job operations when complete.
- Obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Attend and participate in scheduled team and cross functional meetings as requested. Participate in weekly team meetings and safety talks.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or trade school equivalent.
- Previous experience or other training experience in CNC equipment operations.
- Fluent English reading/writing skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to interpret prints with instructions.
- Available to work standard manufacturing hours and willing to work overtime as needed
- Ability to focus and have attention to detail.
- Operate and maintain industrial CNC equipment and other manufacturing machinery
- Must have the ability, or willingness to learn, to read CAD drawings
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for a minimum of 8 hours per day or longer in overtime situations, as required.
- Able to load master rolls of material weighing 100-150 lbs. with co-worker assistance off the shelf and on and off a material cart or roll out table.
- Work in team environment.
- Communicate verbally and work with various departments, employees and their supervisors.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Excellent attendance.
- Manual dexterity to change tool heads as required by material being cut.
- Utilize a computer and static cutting table.
Starting hourly pay at $20/hr with previous experience or education
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We create better spaces to live, learn, work and play through the reduction of intrusive noise pollution. Together we work hard to bridge the gap between acoustic theory and application to solve our customers’ noise problems.
We provide “Just Right Acoustics” by moving “From Problem Definition to Problem Solved”.