BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. is widely recognized for providing customers with engineered solutions to acoustic challenges caused by commercial HVAC equipment and other industrial equipment. Our Company is well managed, family and employee owned, and well respected; our biggest challenge is finding more talented professionals to help us serve our growing base of customers.
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Estimator to support our sales teams. This is a great role for an individual that enjoys very technical engineering challenges, stays focused on the details, and wants to be part of an experienced team that provides unique solutions for specialized challenges.
Success in this role could lead to greater responsibility and recognition within the Sales Team or to an opportunity for advancement in other company departments. We have a proven track record of promoting from-with-in.
Our deep knowledge of the noise and vibration control industry, an extensive portfolio of successful projects and an outstanding business reputation, provide us plenty of new project opportunities for the right individual to pursue and develop “Just Right Acoustics” solutions.
We are seeking an individual as our Applications Estimator that embodies our core values: Drive/Initiative, Relentless Pursuit of Knowledge, Innovation, Take Charge, Team Player. This individual will be critical in defining the financial success of our projects through the bid and quote process. This position supports our Regional Sales Managers through solution development, costing and budget research, bid and quote writing, and final submittal support. The Applications Estimator will interface directly with our Regional Sales Managers, Production Teams, Project Managers, and vendors.
This is a salaried position with benefits that include vacation, 401k participation and matching after 1 year, profit sharing plan participation after 1 year, and access to an employee paid medical plan.
- Works with team to develop detailed solutions and builds bids and quotes
- Works with purchasing team to gather production and sourcing costs and builds project budget
- Pre-qualifies bid requests and works with Application Engineers to frame initial response
- Uses public project databases to identify and pre-qualify project bids
- Prepares proposals and submittals; tracks leads; prepares quotes; enters orders
The Right Person
- 4-Year college degree in engineering or other technical majors (Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, STEM fields).
- Relevant work experience dealing with applied mechanical equipment or technical project management.
- An ability to read technical drawings and visualize product design related to equipment design.
- MS Office proficient.
- CAD experience (AutoCAD, Inventor) helpful, but not required.
- Ability to multitask/collaborative and professional attitude.
- Up to 50 % travel required.
- Align with BRD Core Values: Drive/Initiative; Relentless Pursuit of Knowledge; Innovation; Take Charge; Team Player.
BRD Noise and Vibration Control. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
We create better spaces to live, learn, work and play through the reduction of intrusive noise pollution. Together we work hard to bridge the gap between acoustic theory and application to solve our customers’ noise problems.
We provide “Just Right Acoustics” by moving “From Problem Definition to Problem Solved”.