Download this opportunity as a pdf
BRD Noise and Vibration Control, Inc. is widely recognized for providing customers with engineered solutions to acoustic challenges caused by commercial HVAC and other industrial equipment. Our Company is well managed, well respected and our biggest challenge is finding more talented professionals to help us serve our growing base of customers.
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Engineer to support our Sales and Project Management Teams. This is a great role for individual that enjoys helping find solutions to technical problems, wants to be part of an experienced team and likes to work with customers. Success in this role could lead to greater responsibility and recognition within the Sales Team or to an opportunity for advancement in other company departments. We have a proven track record of promoting from-with-in.
Our deep knowledge of the noise and vibration control industry, an extensive portfolio of successful projects and an outstanding business reputation, provide us plenty of new project opportunities for the right individual to pursue and develop “Just Right Acoustics” solutions.
The Applications Engineer (AE) must be proficient in using internal modeling/analysis and selection and design software to support the development of project deliverables for BRD customers. Our customers are MEP Consultants, Architects, Acoustical Engineering firms and all applied HVAC equipment sales offices. Deliverables include acoustical performance estimates, conceptual design details, cost estimates and project customized specifications for bid documents.
AE is expected to function in a strong team environment. Sales teams have multiple field sales engineers and/or Regional Managers (RM) with defined geographic territories. Team members work in support of sales, revenue and profitability goals that support overall company plans and growth goals. The AE interfaces with Project Managers, Fulfillment, and Production Departments to assure high customer satisfaction.
The AE supports RMs throughout the sales processes from business development activity through qualification of incoming customer inquiries from various channels and subsequent design, quote and follow-up activities necessary to close orders.
- Assists in managing the sales process in our ERP software.
- Supports business development activities and trip planning for RM field visits.
- Uses acoustical modeling resources to select products and design customer driven solutions.
- Manages the “bid desk” for new construction projects.
- Converts solution designs to Bill of Materials for use in procuring cost estimates and order releases.
- Utilizes leadership and communication skills to keep the Sales Teams on task and efficient.
- Promote team building to assure best outcomes for internal and external stakeholders.
The Right Person
- 2- or 4-Year college degree in business or engineering related majors (Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, STEM fields).
- 5 Years experience in the HVAC industry dealing with applied mechanical equipment.
- CAD experience (AutoCAD, Inventor) helpful, but not required.
- Ability to multitask.
- An ability to read technical drawings and visualize product design related to equipment design.
- A collaborative and flexible professional attitude.
- 15 % travel required.
BRD Noise and Vibration Control. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
We create better spaces to live, learn, work and play through the reduction of intrusive noise pollution. Together we work hard to bridge the gap between acoustic theory and application to solve our customers’ noise problems.
We provide “Just Right Acoustics” by moving “From Problem Definition to Problem Solved”.